Thursday, August 20, 2009

My results of My Surgery

WOW WOW WOW All I can do right now is Praise Jesus and his Faithfulness!! His Love endures FOREVER....
Thank you all for your prayers, words of encouragement, scripture, gifts and everything else that has occurred in this last 5 weeks.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALONG TIME TO WRITE THIS EMAIL!!! Only because I knew with all of my heart that this is what I would be writing. But...... I am going to start from the beginning so you will have to wait for results til the end.

This week has been a very trying week. By me saying trying I have been in a lot "Physical Pain" this week as my surgery was 7 days ago today. For those of you just reading, last Thursday I had a bilateral Mastectomy and reconstructive Surgery on both breasts.
I was able to come home last Friday and have been well taken care of. I have had someone bring dinner every night for my family and I, my girls have been able to stay extremely busy and my sweet sweet hub has been taking very good care of me as well as the girls. I have continued to have an unbelievable peace that can only come from the Lord and have continued to pray for the physical pain as time has gone on. Now my sweet hub has continued to show me he is peaceful but still a little anxious as results were approaching.
Today at 11:30 Jeff picked me up to head to the Doctors office as we awaited my results. As we pulled into the parking lot I could tell Jeff wasn't doing well but was going to act as if he was. We parked the car and I grabbed his hand and just prayed! Prayed that the Lord would give peace no matter what the doctor was going to tell us. We walked o the waiting room and of the the room we went to meet with Dr. Eve. She came in and asked how my pain was and how I was feeling. I told her I was still in a lot of pain and she reassured me that it was normal as I have had THE most invasive surgery you could ever have on your breasts. She then told me " I will try and get rid of your pain by giving you the results of your pathology" As we are on the edge of our seats awaiting what she will say next. She began to tell us that there is one test that has not returned from the pathologist( it comes back tomorrow) but all of the other tests came back that my cancer is at stage 1 (meaning we caught it so early) and that it is NOT in my lymph nodes that all cancer was removed at the time of the surgery!! She kept speaking and again I heard NO CANCER blah blah blah. Out of the corner of my eye I see Jeff's head drop to his chest. I look over at him and he is balling like a baby! Which made me ball like a baby. The doctor then looked at an intern that was in the room and said "This has been a very emotional 5 weeks for all of us". AMEN! This test that we are waiting for is a "double make sure we are positive" kind of test. She began to tell us we will still need to go to UCSF and see an oncologist and that they would decide what treatment I will need from here. There is a test they will give me to determine the chance of it ever coming back and this will determine the treatment whether it is pills or chemo. Sh removed one drain and OUCH!!!! ( 2 more to go tomorrow).

After this appointment was over I couldn't wait to get to the car and Praise my Lord Jesus Christ with my ever so sweet hubby Jeff. We walked out of the door and Jeff bawled so hard and I can't quite hug yet and that was so hard. We got to the car and I grabbed Jeff's hand and just started praying. Thank you Lord Jesus for our faithfulness. Thank you that you have prepared our path ahead of us, Thank you that you never left our side. Lord Jesus thank you for your peace that surpasses all understanding, Thank you that you have chosen me for this! I went on and on. I couldn't stop, how could i stop praising His name after all He sweet Jesus has done for me! We had to run a couple errands after that and my poor hubby could not hold it together. i wanted to just walk up to complete strangers and say " Did you know that my Lord Jesus just healed me of breast cancer" but I guess that isn't something you just do but I wanted to so bad. We came home and my 3 sweet little kiddos were sitting here and we sat them down and this time told them "girls, Our God healed mommy of breast cancer" because of prayer He healed me! My girls had huge smiles on there faces and I tried as best I could to hug them as tight as I could. You could see the relief in their little hearts. What a Day a day the Lord made for ME AGAIN! Praise Jesus.
SOOOO What can you pray for now....
PRAISE JESUS for what he has done... Really worship Him and praise His holy name with me.
Pray the last test comes back fine ( I am certain it will but still pray he deserves it)
Pray for healing as I am still laid up in physical pain and my hubby is still taking care of a lot
Pray that my oncologist appointment on September 1st goes well and my treatment would be the least ( pills over chemo)
Pray my other 2 drains come out tomorrow!
Pray for me writing and giving my testimony this weekend. Pray the Lord will be able to touch people through my words and people would come to know Him through this!

Thank you so much for everything I can't tell you enough how grateful I am for each and everyone of you!
To my sweet hub thank you for loving me and taking care of me the way you have.
I love all of you
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment