Thursday, October 15, 2009

Surprise Again Sweet Friends

Once again I am in awe of my God. This week has been a really hard week. I have been feeling depressed and really down about all of the anticipation of what is to come. Not knowing I guess you can say. Just when I think I want to go crawl in bed I have to remind myself who is in charge? Who is in control of my journey as I walk this scarey path.
Tonight The Lord showed me once again by using my girlfriends and my moms. What I thought was going to be a quiet sushi night out with 2 girlfriends ended up being a huge hat and scarf party all for me, for me? Who am I Lord that they would get together and plan something like this for me. The one that wants to go climb in bed and not talk to anyone? This is just it! Just when I feel like giving up the Lord reminds me through people that it is not about giving up! It is about continueing on for His glory! Tonight I had the priviledge to be with some of the most amazing women I know. They brought me gifts knowing that I will need them down the road so my head doesn't get cold (how sweet). They brought food so that we could eat and enjoy each other. They took the time out for ME to show me their love and support. As I was finished opening my beautiful hats and scarves they pulled out a chair and sat me in the middle of the room (I never do well being the center of attention, but tonight was different) while each girl surrounded me and prayed the most beautiful prayers. As I listened to each one pray for me and my sweet hub, my girls I was in awe of my God. I listened and I heard these words, Jehovah Raffa, strength, courage, love, support, health, miracle, healing, pray, Lord Jesus, and many more words. I was overwhelmed with the love and overwhelmed with support. I don't know how people go through something like this without the Lord! I can't imagine.... If you are reading this and you are going through this journey like me and you don't know the Lord, YOU NEED HIM! John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life"
Come to know Him and He will give you peace. Whenever I am weak (this last week especially) He is strong and He carries me through every little detail of this Journey. Thank you Lord Jesus.

Please be praying for continued peace for my family and I and that my chemo teach goes well tomorrow 10/16. I start chemo on October 20th please pray for my family and especially my girls as they are a little anxious about what to expect.
Thank you all so much for your continued support and prayers through this Journey of mine.
Love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment